DigiLocker for PC offers an account online to the Indian citizens to save their original, verified and authentic documents. For example licenses, voter id, pan card, mark sheets, vehicle registrations, insurances, certificates, etc. in a digital format.
DigiLocker is an online application that was launched by the Government of India along with joint efforts from the Ministry of Electronics and IT.
I would recommend using this app since it allows the original documents to be handy whenever needed and are acceptable in all agencies and all works. And also making it digital, for going paperless and easy access to documents.
For its mobile installation, you need first to open the App Store in iOS or Play Store in Android, (might vary for different company phones). In the store, the user can search for it by typing its name and download the DigiLocker application.
The application developed has many carefully designed and well-planned features to ensure the utmost authenticity and security of the citizens. The application allows citizens to:
- Link the user’s Aadhar card
- eSign online to digitally access their documents
- Verified documents
- Provides a security check before uploading by sending an OTP (One Time Password) to the linked phones
- Gives 1 MB space or each document to be uploaded and the format of that could be anything out of pdf, jpg, jpeg, png, bmp, or gif.
DigiLocker for PC – Free Download on Windows 7/8/10 & Mac
I personally feel that DigiLocker is made extremely user-friendly in nature. It does not overwhelm even the first time users, it is simple to understand and follow.
Get an emulator on your PC Windows or Mac and then open it. Now search for DigiLocker App in the emulator and press install. That’s it!
How To Use?
- On opening it for the first time, the application will require a sign-up.
- The signing up process demands the Aadhar card number of the user be filled.
- After entering the Aadhar card number, a one-time password will be sent on the linked phone number to verify the document.
- Once the verification is done, an online cloud account successfully created and now the user can upload all the kinds of documents that are needed.
- Also, it is important to remember that each document will need verification.
After the account is opened, the application is very user-friendly, as mentioned earlier. The user will see options for all the documents that he/she wants or needs to be uploaded.
The uploading can be done by entering the details of the document that the application asks and verifying it with an OTP on the linked phone number.
This simple procedure and honest effort, in my opinion, is a great initiative taken. Aggressive marketing and awareness about this should be spread so that more and more citizens go digital and benefit from this initiative.
Also Read: Install AppLock Lite App on Windows